View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 04:33 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

There's a fair percentage of MS'ers with TN or ATN.. now granted, ATN is less common than TN in itself.

I had my first manifestation of TN in the form of type 1 (classic TN?) attack me 5 years back (approx). It was short lived. I then within the past 2-3 years have experiened the ATN variety off and on.

It was a dentist in my case that diagnosed my TN (non specific) following EMG. I can recall them trying me on Carbamazepine back then, and wouldn't you know it, I'm one of the 'lucky' ones that experienced a very rare side effect, pitch perception (with music). Go figure!

I also can't take Neurontin (Gabapentin) due to the side effects it caused me.

I'm at a loss as to what I can take now, besides Clonazepam that I need to wean off, because while my doctor prescribed "As needed", it's not a good thing when 9/10 days pain relief is "As needed" is it?

Clonazepam is the ONLY drug that bites through the burning pain I get however. So I don't know where we'll go next. Additionally, there is surgery as an option, but it's less likely to be successful I read in cases of ATN versus type 1 TN.

In any event, it is nice to know we're not alone. I've met folks too in other places outside of NT who also have TN. I think TN is one of those underreported conditions to be fair, and mis/undiagnosed as well.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote