View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZucchiniFlower View Post
Hey, Evonne, I like your new MDS and it seems you do too!

There are antibody tests to check for paraneoplastic syndromes. My neuro refused to test for them, five years ago. He said to have the regular cancer screenings instead. I've always been vigilant about my mammograms, but didn't know at that time that I did in fact already have breast cancer, because it didn't show up in the mammogram because my breasts are very dense.

So, I hope you have had digital mammograms and MRIs to follow your lump. One of my lumps was a benign fibroadenoma and I did have three biopsies at the same time, only one was cancer.

Why did you not have a biopsy?

Sometimes people have that syndrome and they never find the actual cancer that is causing it!
Did you have any blood drawn for antibody testing?

I hope you fare well getting off your meds. Maybe some nutritional support, as discussed in threads here, would help.

~Zucchini
Yes, I have a lot of confidence in this doctor. I think he is going to figure me all out. Yes, he did run the blood tests for paraneoplastic syndromes...and a bunch of other rare things. Seriously, I think I waited about 10-15 minutes at the lab while they were busily looking things up to make sure that they ran the right tests. Apparently, these tests are not things that get run on people every day.

I didn't have a biopsy on my lump because the surgeon that I saw said that because my lump was so small and hard it would probably be easier to remove it than to biopsy it and he seemed fairly confident that it was just a non cancerous fibroadenoma. I have had so much going on that my breast lump isn't something that I have put a whole lot of time and energy into thinking about...probably not smart of me. Although a lumpectomy is a simple procedure, I dislike the thought of anesthesia again. I never do well with it. I am going to wait for the test results, then I will go from there. Obviously if I have paraneoplastic syndrome, the lump will be coming out and we will be looking at everything throughout my body. What makes me nervous is that back in April my body hurt so bad that I seriously felt like I had to be dying of something. I am not esaggerating. My body ached and hurt so bad all over that I was beyond miserable. I just hope that it turns out to be okay.

Thanks for your concern and support.

Love,

Evonne
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote