View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Hi Mel, it does sound easy enough & thanks for going to all the trouble of explaining it all, it will give it a shot in the future but when i am not sure, as i would have to find out were to buy these things in the first place, as i live in the country/seaside & my nearist health food/supplement shop is about 20 miles away, but my neighbour next door has every inch of his garden growing something differant [vegetable wise] so i will ask him about them, if anyone will know i am sure he will point me in the right direction.

Thankyou Mel,

Brian
Brian:

You don't have to go to a health store. Next time you are at any grocery store, pick up a package of lentils (any kind). Do the soaking, and rinsing 3 times a day.

Believe me, when you see those little things coming out of the lentils after 3 days, you'll start laughing your head off.

This is how I started do it on my own. Then I was so enamored of this sprouting process, (and because I didn't want to walk all the way to my organic health store, and pay those organic food prices), that I went on ebay and found an organic ebay store that sells seeds. I purchased some seed packages of various sprouting kinds, and as soon as they arrive, I shall be sprouting full time.

Oh, I'm thinking of buying an Herb Garden (I saw the infomercial on tv). There are different kinds, and if I can grow my own tomatoes in my apartment, well then, I'm going to spring for it.

I'm trying to picture my husband walking into the kitchen and not only seeing sprout trays but tomato vines.

That will be some site to see.

But seriously, the hergarden is absolutely beautiful. In the tv infomercial, it's sitting in the middle of the guy's dining room table, and it's all lit up and there's tomatoes growing all over the place in this herb-garden.

To me, that sells itself. I just went to the grocery store and they wanted $3.99 for a pint of grape tomatoes. I said "are you nuts?" and came home.

If you think I'm going to pay $3.99 for a pint of grape tomatoes when I can grow tomatoes in my house, well I am definitely going to look into this herb garden thing.

So good luck to you and Happy Sprouting.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote