View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 06:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello!

Hello and welcome! You will love this site! Everyone here has been so amazing and supportive!

I am 34 yrs old and had my thymectomy done 1 month after I was diagnosed. It was a transsternal thymectomy b/c there were hundreds of "spots" on my lungs and they needed a biopsy to rule out cancer, etc.

I won't lie to you. It really hurt. Really, really hurt. My thymus was not abnormal @ all - if anything, it was really small - no thymoma @ all, but I was told by all of my docs that this was the last best chance @ regaining my formal life, so I did it!

A girl in my support group here in SA had hers done and has been in remission ever since - 11 years and counting! I have not been quite so lucky, but am still glad I did everything humanly possible to help myself.........

I still take meds every day (20+ pills) and need IV IG every 3-4 months, but the QUALITY of my life has gone through the roof!

I am now able to work most days and have been decorating my home for the holidays.

I don't know if this helped @ all, but am wishing you all the best and would love to hear from you when you have some time!!!

Erin