Thread: Doctors list?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Richard,

Like you, I don't understand why there aren't many Drs. that are up on RSD enough to help with it. We just got a new PM Dr. here in our dinky town and a friend of mine likes him so I am hoping this is a good thing.

I think that many things contribute to not enough good Drs. I believe that due to the extent of care RSD patients need, it becomes timely and costly and Drs. just donot want to learn enough about it due to that. Also, the meds. We need Narcotics and other hard core meds and the news keeps putting out things about the addiction to them and that scares Drs. off.

I just saw on the news last Wed. that 2% of Anesteologist are hooked on narcotics and also there are a lot of deaths occuring from certain ones which they constanly name. I believe we take one step forward and two backward on Drs. relaxing about giving out meds and then the Gov. starts crap.

I often wonder how much research is really being done for RSD and if any money is going into it compared to so many other illnesses.

I was just thinking today, I'd like to go to Washington. I'd like to argue with those people up there over a few things including RSD. Instead, I just got a letter off to the President for now.

We all need to take even baby steps to get more people to even know about RSD along with Drs.

I have also heard a lot of bad stories about the Mayo Clinic and how little they have done to help RSD patients. We hear a lot on here about some of the others. If you weigh the good with the bad of what you hear on here from our group, it sure makes you wonder about any of the Drs. dabbling in RSD.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
richard d (11-25-2008)