View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor H View Post
I watched it "live" on TV, and the pilot did a great job.

My worry was the amount of AvGas in the tanks, but they resolved that before they landed I think....

-Vic
Yes they did Vic. They flew around for about an hour or so to drain down the fuel.

I was at lunch in a restaurant when it was happening and it caught my eye on the TV in the bar. I got up from the table and stood in front of the TV and just stared at the TV watching the whole thing unfold. The bartender came over and stood by me asking me questions. Pretty soon I had a whole bunch of people there by me asking me what was going on. I didn't know what the outcome was at the time but sure was glad everyone was safe.

I have to find out from my friends in Reno and Carson City if they know these guys! They did a great job is right!!!

It pays to know your aircraft and the emergency procedures. Cessna 310s are very difficult because of the critical engine issue. You have to be sure to shut off the right engine first otherwise you can " torque" the airplane.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (11-26-2008), Twinkletoes (11-26-2008)