View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 11:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surazal View Post
I had a C5 C6 fusion 2 years ago. Graft was from my hip and I was told that it took fine and the Doc said there appered to be no nerve damage that he could see. Arm pain was gone immediatly after operation. Tingling/numbness/burning sensation in two fingers on my left hand never stopped. Docs tried to conince me it was carpal tunnel syndrome---which was tested for and is not. It is the same finger pain I had befoer the surgery.

2 years later finger pain seems to be getting worse....although it is possible that it is just getting really old and I am tired of dealing with it. Some days I feel like cutting off my hand. Over the counter drugs do not help. Lately it has been very bad..the best it gets is annoying like a mild headache.

Anyone have similar experiences or can recommend soemthing..or is this it, just accept it and live with it. I hav tried chirpractic medicine which has helped lower back but no relief to hand.
I have bad arm and hand pain the little finger started out numb now its spread to all the fingers and having trouble with uncontrollable muscle contractures-boy do they hurt. Considering ACDF now kinf of worried how it might turn out. I don't know if your familiar with chinese cupping but it really is awesome at controlling pain. If you use a large cup at the top of your shoulder blade-poke around and find the painful trigger point and put the cup there and let sit for 10-15 minutes you will feel the pain and numbness ease up if you use it long enough sometimes the pain goes away for a long while.
Cindi Pere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote