View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 01:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Can depend on when and how you became symptomatic/injured. Surgery is not the only way. Sometimes even with herniations, it's not a surgical situation unless you worsen, an injurous event occurs....

I had cervical epidurals X3 that helped me. I had to commit to 3, through. First one made me a lot more uncomfortable/worse; 2nd, more uncomfortable/worse; 3rd made me better. Certainly helped me to keep my head up.

The weight of your head, 8 - 10 pounds, is apparently too much on your stressed/injured/sore muscles, ligaments and tendons. Neck braces can be counter-something.

Other things: Physical therapy, Occupational Therapy, Kinesio Tape, magnet therapy, ultrasound, E-Stim, exercise if you're able to tolerate some, Yoga, Stretches, aqua therapy, ice/heat packs, breathing techniques, accupuncture, naturopathic ways, light therapies, medications, transdermal patches. I've heard of bee stinging - don't want to try that. There's other things too.

Hope you find something soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZZ74 View Post
Hi, just wanted to know if you had any thoughts on these results. I had a c-spine and t-spine Mri- the doctor has emaled me to say the results show multifple disc herniations entire C-spine and T-spine. I have full body rsd, and have been told i am not a canidate for surgeries unless and emergency.
My question is how are these types of problems treated? The reason for the MRI is that I can not lift my own head in the am , I have to use my right arm- sounds stupid but its from pain the pain is too severe to lift on its own. It does improve as the day goes on. Although I can not stand over 20-30 minutes wth out causing severe spine buring thoraic area- and and rsd flare.
Is surgery the only way to fix this type of problem? Thank you so much. cz
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote