View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan broke our computer!!!

I hope I can get on these boards again. If you don't hear from me after today, you'll know why (at least until I get this fixed.

We have a HP Pavillion and we use Internet Security Suite as a virus protection.

Well today my husband (who doesn't know he shouldn't automatically download anything that pops ut), well he saw something that said "you have a virus, please download this anti-virus software) and, you guess it, he thought it was from Verizon, he downloaded it and now forget it. I had a devil of a time even getting on the internet. I had to reboot 8 times. I tried to do an uninstall. The program he downloade dis WINPRO 2006 anti-virus something or other.
No matter what I do to uninstall this thing, it doesn't uninstall. I tried the add/remove programs. I tried going to start, program, WinPro, and uninstall. The uninstall prompt does come up but then when I click on uninstall it just sits there (for up to an hour, if I would let it).
I right clicked on the system tray icon and disabled everything (maybe that's why it let me get on the internet.
My son told me to go to start, run, type in msconfig(it was already there), then he made me to the last thing which was startup and he had me uncheck the WinAV thing. I did but it still froze. Nothing will let me uninstall this darn anti-virus thing. Please, can someone please help me. I hope I can come back to this thread. Tonight might just be a fluke.
Thanks, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote