View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 09:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers, it is amazing how I feel, this has to be one of the LOWEST parts of my life health wise but with the help of a few GREAT friends I have found up here and with the love of God i have figured out that my life truly IS a great one.

The advice I could give any one applying for SSDI online is be etremely thorough and honest with everything you are filling out, they will request all your medical records from all your doctors. It is very important that your doctors are onboard with what you are doing and if SSDI deems that you are truly what you are saying they will figure that out with what your docs are saying, fill out and send in anything they send you in the mail PROMPTLY and then do a follow-up once your application gets sent to the main facility for the approval process to see that they have everything needed, do whatever you need to help them get what they need.

Yes Cherie, that's the way I saw it, my docs even confirmed that I AM really messed up and that is what SSDI also confirmed. I used to work 40-60 hours a week and then suddenly I got hit with that TM attack and it really messed me up and I have not recovered from it as of yet. I seriously am not able to work and apparently my doctors don't see me recovering from this in their notes and that is also what SSDI saw too........

That is great about your daughter, I hope she gets a good look from the scouts. My son is VERY active in basketball and baseball but him playing baseball is one of my passions and I look forward to every game he plays...it does keep him out o teenage trouble as you say.....

He was offered a spot on a college team a couple years ago but didn't take the opportunity so now he just plays on an adult team up here. He was recruited actually to switch high schools just to play baseball, he was given approx 3500.00 dollars to come play 2nd base for that school at that time and got a good high school education because of it.......then he got a spot on an adult team here playing second base at 17 years old, playing with MEN, college students and coaches and the first year there as their starting second baseman, he batted 2nd in the line-up and actually came in 9th in batting average out of the whole league.......He is a small kid, only 5' 8"s 140 lbs and he was awesome to watch going up against some of the top BB players in our area!

It is winter up here and I can not wait for spring and baseball once again...

My treatments, operations and tests should all be under control by then is my goal.....

Like I say, my spirits are high and I feel good that this WILL happen.

Thanks to all who read my thread, and I wish you ALL good luck in your OWN personal quest with this disease....

Thank you also Cherie, I also wish your daughter good luck in her life and sports quest..

Happy holiday to everyone!!

Joe
Dxd RRMS 12/23,06, Copaxone 2/07 to 9/07 - Rebif 10/07 to 7/08, BAD flare with Transverse Myelitis & Pancreatitis.....,9/08 Pseudo Cyst!!!! and another TM attack. Started Tysabri 9/22/08 - 10/21 Allergic reaction to Tysabri, SSDI Approved 11/14!! Continued Ty 11/17 with a Pre-medicate. Solumedral 12/11-12/13 Ty #5 Jan 12th!
JoeMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (11-26-2008)