View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 10:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I met with my Domestic Violence counsler yesterday, which helped. I have to call this other person on Monday that takes care of helping women move out of situations of abuse.
Breaking this lease is no problem, due to the situation. I will have to fill out some paperwork.
I was given a list of places to look into to live, or if I find someplace else that I can afford.
They give you the money for the first and last months rent, if I qualify.

Then the moving is on me. They have to make sure I am able to pay the rent and the other expenses on my income, before they approve anything. Like electric, cable, food, car ins. Etc.

I hope to get an appointment soon with the women who takes care of living situations for abused women. Plus, I see my DV counsler again next week.

In the mean time, I will go look at these places on the list and see what I can come up with. The list has the ones that accept dogs too. She also told me to look over in mid-town, between the East side where I live now, to mid town which is half way to downtown. Not a great area, but they have some small cute houses with yards, it is cheaper over there. That is just a hit or miss, depending on if you see a sign for rent.

Dirk is all nice nice, but I am not buying it, at all. I only speak when spoken to, no conversations with him. He keeps saying how he loves me and all this crap, well you don't treat a person like he has when you love them. He has no idea of any of this. Nor will he until everything is set in stone, then when he see's me packing and the move day, I will call the police if I have to, he has to let me go.

Moving..............have to figure out how I will do that once everything is in place. I will only take the things that are mine and that I need. So, I won't have any living room furniture, but not worried about that now.

He has to work the rest of this week, then he is off the weekend, which I dread.

Hugs, Nikko