View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm going to take the liberty of copying your SSDI "advice" over to another thread that is going right now, Joe. It is so cool that you had no trouble with the process, so it's great to share that knowledge/experience.

It took me about 18 months all up to recover from the first TM attack, and the second one was my unraveling (never did recover enough to go back to the office). No matter what happens in the long run though, Joe, not having the stress on you RIGHT NOW is the most important factor for any kind of recovery. You have the right attitude about this, and I am glad you have the security you need (especially financially) to focus on managing these disease as best you can.

My daughter plays ball all year long, but the winter is slower. She attends a Fastpitch Academy (high school), and does two blocks of ball each day. She plays for the school ball team and her regular Rep team . . . so it's ball, ball, ball . . . all year long. Good thing she picked a sport I like though, cause it's a huge commitment for the whole family! (She's been the head catcher all along, but has changed to 3rd base this last year because of knee problems . . . ALREADY!)

Good luck on your next infusion, and hope everything falls in place for your surgery coming up.

Cherie