View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Alpha-Stim 100 Device for Pain

Hello All

I am new so please excuse any lapses in NT protocols. I have recently rented-to-own a new device called the Alpha-Stim for my CRPS pain. It is reported to also work on depression/migraines. I have used it intermittently over the last several weeks - not the daily protocol that is recommended. It is not like a TENS or Interferential device, although you can use electrodes on your skin. Supposedly it works on a different electrical pathways than the TENS/Interferential devices. It uses these probe/wand things that you run the electrical current through your body part(s).

So far I have not experienced any significant reduction in pain. Could be my failure to adhere to protocols. Although I think the ear clips may have slightly decreased symptoms of depression. No migraines either. I think my medical insurance will pay some of the cost. Or at least it is an "approved" device.

My question is: has anyone else tried this new device and if so, what has been your experience. I'm not sure whether I should continue with these treatments or not. Of course on the DVD it should immediate pain relief on those patients.

Regards,

Beachedsiren
beachedsiren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote