View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
OMG! Call them and tell them you are a long time customer and you want it free and you want a 6 month discount for your time and trouble or you are going to switch to another service! if you get shut down, ask for customer retention and tell them the same thing! If they shut you down, ask for a supervisor. People are calling and canceling service to save money and it's in their best interest to keep you!

(i don't know who your provider is but this works with that "direct" company!)
She's right, Char. I got tired of my service constantly not working.....and we're with Charter and I have cable, phone and Internet all on the same bill. So when one went they all went.

I complained that the service was too "iffy" and I could get the same services from AT&T for $99 a month. They switched me to the Retention Dept. and suddenly they could meet that price. I told them to beat that price or I was switching providers. They brought my bill down to $95 a month for all three. I have about $12 in taxes and surcharges added to that. Can't beat that for all three services!

I wasn't going to switch services....it's too much of a hassle....but they didn't have to know that. There alot of competition out there and nobody wants to lose a customer to a competitor.

Good luck..make them earn your business!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-26-2008), SandyC (11-26-2008), yeahbut (11-28-2008)