Old 11-23-2006, 03:21 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Fiberowendy2000,

Welcome.
You got good input here.
I lost people during my depressive episodes. They got tired of not hearing form me -- or worse, they got tired of hearing from me and dealing with me.

And don't feel bad. Our interactions with our families are practically preprogrammed by the time we are toddlers (i'm sort of making this up but you know what I mean.)

I mentioned something to my therapist about my brothers and about how b*tichy/bossy I was to them growing up. She said something profound that I can't remember. But she let me off the hook. She told me basically that it wasn't my fault. It was part of the family dynamics that my parents designed, not I.
Not my fault.

Not my fault.
And I won't feel guilty about it.

But I do feel guilty that I don't stay in touch with them now. I can't stand their wives. Again, not my fault they they chose b'tchy/bossy women. One brother is too busy for me now, but my baby brother likes to talk to me.

Ok, see what happened? My post to your post got me thinking that I could at the very least give him a call now that it is Thanksgiving and we are all home from work! yeah.
Thanks!

Mari

Last edited by Mari; 11-23-2006 at 03:34 AM.