View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for all of the good information. I didn't know about the heart pillow. I already have a BedLounger pillow with arms so I'll be able to sleep sitting up. Here is my story....I've been in the Marine Corps for 21.5 years, and I first developed MG back in 2000. Previously, each time I would have a bout with it, I've been given prednisone, gain 20 pounds, then spend the rest of the year trying to get back to the Marine Corps weight standards for my height. The last time I've been on prednisone was this summer, and I stopped taking it in July. In late August, early September, I began having symptoms again, this time worse than ever, with really bad muscle weakness and double vision constantly. I got a new neuro and I've been given mestinon. I'm having to take anywhere between 2-4 60mg pills every 2 to 3 hours. I'm 6'2" and 235lbs. The mestinon is having the results of baby tylenol for me--its not doing a darn thing. And I have a 4 year old daughter and 6 month old daughter, plus my wife of 17 years. I am worried about how I'll be able to take care of my daughters after the surgery, especially the baby, because I usually take her to and from daycare each day. How long do you guys think it will be before I can drive a car again? My wife is concerned about my healing from the sternotomy, she has been reading about the approach through the neck, but my neuro does not want to do it that way.
USMC_with_MG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote