View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 08:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New here...tics or seizures???

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I will get to the point. My son is 2 1/2 and has some medical problems such as GERD, speech delay and is currently getting feeding therapy for food aversion.

We have noticed a increase in "spells" which, to be honest, I cant remember when they started because of all the other testing we have been doing. Anyway, they have become much more noticable and frequent. I have noticed that they seem to increase when he is excited or sleepy.

I will describe a "spell" as: In the middle of an activity, and it could be bathing, eating, playing, basically anytime, he will flex his whole body, grimace his face, bulge his eyes, and shake his body almost like a shiver. If it is intense he will drop his chin to his chest and stretch his left arm back and his right arm will draw in. Sometimes during this spell which lasts 5-10 seconds he will repeatly open and close his fists. He holds his breath and breaths afterwards. Sometimes he will have a spell, seem to relax and then go right back into it. I call his name to see if I can interupt him and sometimes it works, but he often yells afterwards like Ive startled him or interupted him.

He had a 30min EEG which demonstrated sharp wave activity at C3 and the impression was "a very slightly abnormal EEG". He had the 6 hour study today and being it is a long weekend, I will not have any results back for 1-2 weeks.

Anyway I know this is a long post, but I was just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with "spells" like my son.

Thanks again for any input.
cemert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote