View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 08:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Hello Maurice!

Yeah. It's a joke, right? My meds are through the roof as well - 523.00 for cellcept if I wasn't on insurance. Apparently if you are cash strapped, you should just give up.........We may have to sell our home due to the huge amnt of medical bills I've accumulated in the past year, but am so thankful that we are able to get the meds I need in order to function! Our kids will be heading to college in a few years and we don't need this much space anyway - plus I'm married to a realtor, so he knows where all the good values are right now and I'd love a garden home!

I am so glad to hear you are stable! That is great! Swimming is great exercise! I'd love a pool! Down here in San Antonio, Texas, it is cold maybe 2 months out of the year - maybe when we move, we'll buy a home with a swimming pool!

I bet you are really excited about seeing your family! Aren't they the greatest? I cannot wait to have my precious niece over tomorrow! She is such a joy! My son has had this week off too and we have had sucj a great time! I'd love to have 2 more!

After my IV IG, I usually feel great for 3-4 months! I have asked my neuro about a port in my chest, but he doesn't seem to think I'll need it often enough to really warrant it, though if I have problems like the last time, I'm going to DEMAND it. No more poking around @ dead veins for 2+ hours for me!
All told, since my diagnosis I've had 4 rounds of IV IG and 1 round of plasmaphoresis. (Since March of this year)
We'll see how it goes!!!!

Take care!
Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
Hi Erin,
US$10,000 for a 400 ml bottle which costs a mere US$1,300 over here, I can't believe it!
I' m well stabilized since several months, with only that leg weakness which limits my walking autonomy to approximately 1 hour on flat grounds, just enough for the weekly shopping with my wife…but curiously enough, it doesn' effect my swimming capacities which are at the same level as "before" .We have an outside swimming pool, but it is now a bit too cold to benefit from it!
Due to the steroid side effects, I will have to have eye surgery for cataract next January. I postponed it because the "canadians" (our son, his wife and 3 children) from Montreal will be here for Christmas and New Year.
I' m tapering the steroids each month, presently 20 mg/d, 17 mg next month, then 15…
Good luck with your IVIG's and PICC line…
How long does their efffect last?
Maurice.