View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default problem stim

I had a stim by medtronics implanted in April 08, revised battery Oct 08, now it hits my rib cage, and hits right on my pants no matter what kind I wear. I'm 48 years old and don't wear my pants down down around my who ha, so this is very uncomfortable. Today my pain is almost more then I can handle. my revision was in the middle of Oct. but all the sudden this week my incision area is fire engine red and hot to the touch. You would think that if there were going to be an infection it would have happen a long time ago. My stim has never worked properly. I was electrocuted during the programming process, it wouldn't shut down. The medtronics rep. was horrified, I was sitting in the chair, didn't get just shocked or just jolted but electrocuted for several seconds. He got it off just before I was passing out. I go in for the removal on Dec. 17th, it's been a night mare. My stim is in the back not the neck. Has anyone else had problems with Medtronics stims? Thanks in advance for your help.

I must say I am quite familiar with some of this situation (not the baby) but I do my happy dance in my mind later in the post.

My lead moved to TOUCH THE NERVE ROOT & consequently paralysed me through electrocution - the doctors didn't admit this until X-ray. I was stuck in a chair and could not move enough to get a magnet or anything to swittch off. This was ANS device. Fortunately my wife was home and could run to the shed - I was hit so hard by this that the only magnet I could think of was not the one supplied with the unit but my welding clamping magnets.
They workled & I had to leave it switched off, non-functional until I could find another doctor with the expertise to retest the implant and see if it could be made to work & this has subsequently been removed and I now run much more effectively on an intrathecal pump which we are still titrating to an appropriate dose.....I understand why that path was not followed for you.

A couple of observations but I would prefer to relay them in a PM if you want at another time as I don't wish to steal the happiness of your message and possibly start a storm.

Good luck with getting it to work & WOW - (yes, I am shouting) BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR BABY GIRLS' ARRIVAL. That is just fantastic news.
Happy tears!!!! I'd try to do a happy dance too but I would end up unceremoniously crying in pain - too confusing, so if you don't mind I'll stick with your happy news celebrated passively.

I understand the bit about the RSD in the right leg - where mine is.

Hugs & I hope they can sort it out on Thursday for you - the leg I mean.

Shouting again. GOOD LUCK THURSDAY!!!!

My very best wishes to you all
Auberon[/QUOTE]
1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote