Old 11-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi49 View Post
Hi Melody,

I saw your posts on the PN forum and what Glenn had mentioned. I agree with him. But in any case, no a lumbar MRI won't show the glutes. It will show, however, anything going on; stenosis, facets, etc. I wanted to add too that I asked for a sacral MRI once and the imaging center had to do 2 different MRI's; they couldn't get all of it on one. Anyway, long story but my "left cheek" hurt like heck and it was sciatica LIKE pain. Has the Chiro or anyone else ever mentioned the Piriformis muscle? Sometimes and it is different in people, the nerve gets pinched within that muscle. I had to have mine released and once I did the leg pain in some areas stopped. However, I do have problems with L4, L5 and S1. In any case, if there is something going on in Alan's lumbar, the MRI should show it and the doc can take it from there. I also wanted to add...the outsides of my feet and ankles hurt all the time; sometimes burn. The left foot is worse. BUT...when I get an injection (have had facets and an ESI) the pain stops for awhile. So, it is quite possible that some of Alan's pain is coming from the lumbar. I hope I made SOME sense and I know it is difficult to get it all sorted out. Suffice to say my L4, L5 and S1 follow the typical dermatome path and clear down to my feet. I am glad they are taking another look at Alan's back as it will rule in or out whatever may or may not be pinched, arthritic, etc. It might help to look at a dermatome chart and then you can get an idea what path Alan's pain is taking. Chirogeek's website has a great chart and alot of good info. I wish him luck and keep us posted.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I forgot to mention that Alan never has back pain. Never. No sciatica, no nothing. When the doctor does his G5 thing and does his adjustments, he feels like a new man and the PAIN BETWEEN HIS TOES GOES AWAY, but he never went into the chiropractor with any kind of back pain. No back spasms, no nothing.

He thinks that something in his back (even though he never needed as much as a heating pad and he's 61), well even though the man never has back pain, we think the pain in his toes is directly linked to something going on his back (at least this is what his chiropractic neurologist thinks).

And when Alan lies down and I go up and down his back (kind of like rolfing), and I massage him, ALL THE PAIN IN HIS FEET GOES AWAY.

Also, when he changes positions, the pain goes away. When there is a hard hard rain outside, he goes "Aah, my feet feel great".

See how confusing all this is?

The guy never had back pain. He just has neuropathy and pain between certain toes.

Very baffling, no??

Melody

And thanks very much for replying. Much appreciated.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote