View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

I am a long time post surgery patient of Doc Brantigan's. I had my surgery almost 8 years ago and have been doing fantastic! I had all 3 types of TOS and very bad too. The advances in medicine since then can have only gotten better! I recently had a check up & had one of the 3D CT's that he and a radiologist is working on developing for TOS both for the CT and MRI and they are fantastic for finding these things!

I am so happy that you found him and decided to go with him. His thirst for knowledge, wisdom to do what he feels is best for the patient, and his love for surgery and medicine makes him one of the TOP vascular docs in the Nation, he got another national award for 2006. One of many.

He will let the patient know if they have TOS or not and try to get them to whom ever they need to see to feel better. I know one patient who had some sort of brain thing, can't remember what it was, but it was so bad and critical that he sent her to NY to have surgery immediately and saved her life. All this time she was convinced she had TOS because of certain people on the old forum.

The person whose films is on his web site went back to college, got a teaching degree and is now teaching. So there is a huge amount of hope for anyone that has surgery by him.

I think your choice of lurking and gleaming REAL facts has paid off for you and your husband! You could not have made a better choice!!

Take it from me, life is great almost 8 yrs post op!!!!

You are in the best of skilled hands and a kind and caring man, (and a very funny sense of humor, albeit a bit dry, but still very funny.) Do not hesitate to joke with him!

Take care and your husband will do well!!

Last edited by bettertoser; 11-23-2006 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Because I wanted too.
bettertoser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote