View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Bob and Happy Thanksgiving.

Alan is killing the Butternut Squash in my kitchen right now. But I just had to write you.

He just exclaimed. This is the best I have felt in my whole life since I had neuropathy. No more pins and needles. This lyrica is amazing"

And it's only been two days. Of course I have no idea if it will continue to be so but he made the statement "If I can get one day's relief from this PN, it's worth it".

So, so far, the lyrica is terrific.

the only unfortunate thing about this drug is the price. Alan is on a medicare HMO and of course he has presription benefits. But because he takes zoloft, metoprolol, plavix and now the lyrica, when he hits the cap, there will be a gap between his insurance benefits.

We basically live on about $900 a month after the rent is paid. That has to pay for everything, food (that's why we're getting skinny), all co-pays (for both of us). We don't qualify for food stamps because our income is over the guidelines (I checked). Now I get my diabetic drugs from Cornell because I'm in their ACCORD program.

So Alan feels that after he goes for his emg and stuff by the time the new year rolls around he will try and look for a part time job. So will I. Now we are almost 60. Never figured I'd have to do this. But you what you have to do right?

Do you know if there is a way to get lyrica at a generic price, or if not, is there a way that one can get patient assistance through them.

I used to do the patient assistance thing years ago but I read that the companies won't give you anything if you have a prescription plan.

Doesn't seem fair, does it? You find a drug that's like a miracle but you can't pay for it.

Gotta be Donald Trump, I guess.

Oh well. Enjoy your turkey.

I gotta go and rescue my Butternut Squash from Alan.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote