View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 10:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anyone with Meraliga Paresthetica?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I made a list of of the things I am thankful last evening. One thing on my list is NeuroTalk and the people who support and contribute so much to the success of this site.

There has not been many posts to this site so I was wondering if there may not be many people on NeruoTalk who have MP. I thought I would ask the question and see if there are more of you out there.

I tried my first Lyrica (75 mg.) yesterday. It was in place of gabapentin I normally take. However it was delayed in shippment as a refill and I had a sample / starter pack of Lyrica. I was reluctant to use Lyrica because I have read over and over about the side effect - weight gain. (I also have read many people find side effects of Gabapentin too. I feel it has caused weith gain in me too.) I will say the Lyrica did help my for 12 hrs I had less pain. I did not feel any side effects. However, for now I am going back to Gabapentin now my refill arrived late, late yesterday. I know you should not change meds quickly but I also was out of my gabapentin and had to take Lyrica in place of.

Lyrica did not help my sensititivy to touch maybe it doesn't or maybe you need to be on the pill longer.

For any of you who have sensitivity to touch from nerve damage, MP. I saw a wire frame you can use in a bed that holds the covers up off your feet. Now my feet are not nerve damaged but I was thinking this type of frame would be a possiblity to use for sentitivity to touch from bed sheets and bed covers for the thigh/leg.. I am thinking of ordering it. Just a thought of getting some relief and maybe it would work for others. Also some handy people could probably make something like it.

Take Care
lookingup58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote