View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default look at this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspar View Post
There actually IS a common thread running through all your symptoms--inflammation. It is a shame that the doctors separate out "psychiatric" from all the rest of your problems since in my experience it is often the same underlying cause. Fix what is wrong to begin with. People with pituitary problems often are told they have "mental illness" for sometimes a decade before a proper diagnosis. The longer the stress of the underlying initial problem goes untreated, the more likely the brain is affected as well.

I agree with looking into Candida. I would add looking into the gluten connection.

I know the site is about children, but the list of resources (look for the link) on It's Not Mental (http://www.itsnotmental.com) may be of some benefit as it has a list of testing sites and articles on the connection between inflammation, stress, autimmune and brain problems.

In the meantime, I want to say I completely understand your frustration because I have both a female friend with your problems, as well as a family member with a subset of them. My female friend is thinking of joining a study being conducted by NIMH on treatment of Sjorgen's syndrome.
I also agree, inflammation can cause problems with the nervous system, see this article: http://www.sjogrensworld.org/mandel.htm

I too suffer from neurological complications caused by Sjogren's Syndrome. I also have rheumatoid arthritis. I can sympathize with all your issues. Also might want to look at the forum at that same site.

Billye
beenthere (12-01-2008)