View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 08:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink

11-28-08

Glad you found a tip or two to try.

This board has helped me a lot. Before I found this board my therapist told me (after a shower or bath-body more pliable) to roll up a towel, like a tube, and lay down on the bed (a little softer) with it placed vertically (up and down) my thoracic spinal column. I would do several exercises/stretches with my arms, slowly, with controlled breathing. The board is far more effective.

I try to use it for my lower back but my lower back is too sensitive. So...... I use a flattened pillow on top of the board We've all got a few flattened pillows laying around. Aren't those the best?

BackMagic Adjustable Stretching Device # A5418 $24.50

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...g&cm_ite=A5418

I use the oversize tennis balls a lot for my lower back, but I do put them under my arm, more at shoulder/tricep level, for pressure points and support. I also use them to do ear to shoulder stretches using the tennis balls. Bending my neck to the side, pressing down on the ball with my ear. This presses my shoulder back down too. I use it at the back of my neck for support and alignemnt.

My therapist got me a Xmas gift. "The Miracle Ball Method" Two balls smaller than oversize tennis balls, softer too. They great for your "owie parts" underarm, neck and other places.

I Googled "The Miracle Ball Method +therapy balls" It's $17.95. Better investment than stock.

By the way, does anyone have $700 billion to bail me oout of this mess?

The Miracle Method - http://www.elderluxe.com/store/item....FQZinAodDUz20w

TOSer's have bad posture, so anything you can do to get back into proper alignment is a positive. Yoga - cow-cat pose is greaat for your posture too.

I never started anything that I didn't struggle with at first. So just start doing something.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
OzKira (03-21-2011), thursday (11-28-2008)