View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 08:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

yup....2 years ago i had a spasm in the back of my L thigh when i tried to sit down..no known reason, then tripped with the same foot, coming out of the pharm from picking up a script for flexeril, caught the toe of the foot on those mats they put out to catch sand, spraining my ankle. My (soon-to-be-ex_ PCP) decided that since i fell it must be MS and was going to do a lumbar MRI, but ins. wouldnt accept his exam. So, off to neuro who ordered the MRI and Emgs, neither of them gave enough info to confirm anything....did PT, for what i feel was primarily the results of the sprain(nasty sprain, missed a week of work, never put off work for a sprained ankle and i have had several!)
Before this event, maybe 10 to 14 days, had pulled a shopping cart over onto the outer aspect of my lower L leg, about 2-3 inches below my knee, right about where the peroneal nerve comes out from behind the knee. Really painful, and dandy bruise, but no noted deficeit. Also sat on a hard stool, to surf the net, which caught about where the spasm occured/occurs in the back of the thigh. So i am thinking double crush, and i mention to neuro, and he has no better idea. So after all that time and money, no real answer.
the superficial numbness never went away, sometimes there are painful spots, mostly not, the back of the thigh can spasm to the point of screaming and swearing on my part and i do have a good tolerance for pain. since i had issues in sitting to drive more than 20 miles or so (2 years ago, and resurfacing now) I am thinking ?piriformis syndrome...need to stretch, but i dont know why unless it is simply age? always was flexible, actually too flexible.
supp presently:
B complex
B12
C&E combo, needs a refill
curcumin 3x dailey
co Q 10
Vit D
Vit A
chromium picolinate
zinc with copper
just ran out of fish oil
calcium, had been taking 1 with ea meal, was suggested i take 2 before bed
when a bone spur was suggested in my shoulder. have been "using up"
some that are old, should i just throw those and go with the new ones?
juice plus vegi/fruit supplement

i only have been really adhering to this since the hamstring tear....at home, no excuses....before it was hit or miss, do eat bananas,prob3-5 per week.
sensitive to magnesiums lax effect....dont have spasms or tics regularly anywhere else (some in the R leg, but it is healing)
thanks in advance pabb
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote