View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I think you need magnesium

right away. Too much calcium with no balance of Mag, and you get spasms.

The large muscles show this first, because they use the most.

You can get mag from food. I am sensitive to the laxative effects too. I use SlowMag and sometimes Ionic fizz (where you can control the dose as it is a powder.)

But magnesium sources in food always work for me.
Unsalted almonds --3oz have 270mg
beans (navy etc)
Edamame beans
yogurt
oatmeal

These are good sources. When you have too much calcium with little mag to balance it, you get spasms.
If you can get in and out of the tub, soaking in epsom salts also helps, but it will not provide all the magnesium you need.

Stay away from magnesium oxide. It is not absorbed and causes loose stools. See my magnesium thread on Vitamin forum for more details. Bone spurs come from imbalances in calcium and magnesium. Low mag leads to spurring, some doctors believe.

Sitting on hard surfaces always bothers my muscles too.
Stools are hard on the body. I'd stop using any stool type chair, and don't sit on cement walls, steps either.

You will laugh at this, but putting a bar of Ivory soap under your fitted sheet in the bed, may help leg cramps. Some of us have been doing this for a few months now successfully.
Melody's thread on Social discusses this:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ighlight=Ivory

I think the soap is absorbing some compounds given off by the body that if blocked while lying down, cause muscle spasms. Don't laugh. It would cost you about .35 to try it.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote