Thread: Bipolar Newbie
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 11:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeycbee View Post
I feel for you. I have three kids and my middle child has all the symptoms of being bipolar. Oh and by the way I am bipolar. I don't know why but the anger issue was a big one with my son. It was not until he was older that I told him he had to give himself time to cool off. I know that probably won't work with a nine year old. For me rapid cycling is crying and laughing at the same time, then being depressed, to almost delusional all in a matter of 30 minutes. I do not fit the textbook definition of rapid cycling. I'm sure as a good mother you have done your homework, but one book that really helped me turn things around was the Bipolar Disorder survival guide by David Miklowitz. It's easy to read, not expensive, and there are examples of mood charts, which will help you tell his doctor, exactly what is going on. I wish you the best.
Wow everything sounds so familiar.... I am a diagnosed bipolar who is miserable I am happy one min sad the next angry the next. I am tearing my family apart. My goal is to get me straightened out and then things will be ok. I am very negative about everything. If anyone has any suggest on a med or anything that could possibly help me Please let me know I have been dealing with this for 17 yrs and I am in crisis right now I have three beautiful boys a beautiful step-daughter and a husband. My middle son is ADHD and i also believe has bipolar as well. He can not control his anger and has hurt others bad at times and sometimes it scares me that he will hurt someone too bad. I always think the worst of things. Someone always has an agenda behind what they are doing and its never good. I want the best for them but when they hurt me I want them to hurt (not physically) but inside like I am. Please help me someone