View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 01:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi and welcome!
Now that you have been diagnosed you will probably feel better very soon. It'll take a bit of time to sort out your medications and find out what will work for you, but there is a good chance you will be able to return to school and finish your degree. I've heard a lot of people found that going part time was less stressful, but I went to University AND worked fulltime with my MG and didn't have many problems. I did have to watch my meds and rest myself regularly but it was important to me to finish my degree. I didn't spend much time going out and drinking with my friends though - school was just more important. I still work fulltime and leave a fairly "normal" life!

In another post you asked about glasses - I wear glasses and did for a time use a prisim. I didn't feel it helped so I stopped using it. My glasses do a bit though, and if nothing else I find they act a bit like a mask when my eyes get "wonky". I need to go and get a new prescription soon - I've been procrastinating for a long time!

Take care of yourself and keep in touch!
~Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanesebeauti View Post
hi evry1, i was only diagonsed 3 week now, however ive had it for nearly 2 years im on treatment and im going to have my thymus removed, ive had to drop out of college i just couldnt handle it, do you think ill be able to start my september next year?
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote