View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Ataxia? Wow...

Made me look it up and do a 'refresher' on the terminology!
Best source was the now...good old Wicki...: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxia

Why was this source good? Because it didn't proclaim that PN/ataxias were all alcohol/drug overdose related!

And yep, I do have a very solid dose of 'Ataxia' I guess! I must, because the docs are always almost unable to catch me when I close my eyes. It's been a true game of 'trust me' [NOT!] when doing this for sure. I even get a sort of 'vertigo' with my eyes open in certain places - that IS scary!

I exercise to strengthen ankles [my weakest part] with a thera-band when sitting, and will kind of do a rocking alternating foot thing when standing in lines.

I've damage tho not as much as you, but the key part is what I call 'body-awareness' -where you MUST use your vision and anything else left and always THINK about where you are, and where you are going...even an uneven stone in a drive can be a killer when you're distracted and not paying attention. It takes a lot of effort and concentration to keep those FDGB's at a minimum [fall down go booms]. 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote