Thread: Is Tofu Safe??
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My dd has been a vegan for about 6 yrs - she's 19 now. She eats some tofu, but not processed so much. She'll get a block and cook with instead of the ready-made burgers and such.

She seems to eat more flax, beans, nuts and rice for protien though. I think they form complete protiens when combined, but maybe not on their own.

I'll ask what she does for other protien sources.

At any rate, there are so many ingredients in some of the fake meats, I have to wonder if they're less healthy than the real meat, know what I mean?

Anyway, she's been as healthy or moreso than before she began eating like this. And she's learned to keep a fairly balanced diet. You should be able to find a lot of products where you live - it's not as easy out here, where vegan is not a popular lifestyle. But even here, there are more items in stores now.

DD made a thai steak with a soy based fake meat product for TDay that I swear you never would have known it wasn't beef. It was absolutley delish. She says the secret is to marinate a longer time (3 days on that one).

From what I see, most of her recipes lean toward Chinese/Thia and the spices flavor the tofu really well.

Another plus, she eats all the time and never has to watch her weight.