View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 02:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

Hey, Biz.

You, too, hon'. I have to confess to being lazy with my journaling (logging my food) this week, but I have today planned out and have kept a mental count, so...we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Truthfully, I'm not all that concerned. I have a bigger problem--much bigger. My best friend in the whole world for the past 17 years has a beautiful 5 mo son, and just last week, she called and told me he was having some funky "episodes." Having had epilepsy all my life, I have become fairly well-versed in it, and when she told me what they looked like, I was instantly concerned. They sounded like infantile spasms, a severe type of (usually) degenerative childhood epilepsy, so I told her to get him to the ped the very next day. (She called late at night, right before I crawled into bed.)

Dammnnn...I hate being right about such things. He's been started on med and B6 crushable tabs, but it'll be a long road ahead for them... I just hate being half a continent away...

Anywho...sorry to unload like this. I haven't stopped thinking about them since the call. She called me last night at 1 am to say she was scared because he appeared to be choking, but there was nothing in his mouth. After telling her to call 9-1-1 (her hubby was at work; he's a night watchman), I tried to go back to sleep but must have laid there for at least 1 1/2 hours. Turns out they stopped soon afterward. He is being re-admitted Monday for several days for a full neuro workup. God, it hurts...

I apologize again for being such a downer on such a joyful day. I just needed to get it out.

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) to you,

LIZARD, Jimmie's "Auntie"

Last edited by LIZARD; 11-23-2006 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Can't type when I'm upset
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote