View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
substitute one or two days, I'd do beans.

Beans are high in protein (not all amino acids tho) and high
in magnesium. If they bother you some Beano does the trick.

Edamame beans (a soy bean) are also very inexpensive, taste terrific and are a good source of magnesium and potassium as well. You buy these frozen and precooked.

For the rice I'd do brown rice. It is better for diabetics and has a lower glycemic index.
Hi Mrs. D and Brain:

I don't need the rice (I don't eat rice so I wouldn't need the brown kind). As far as beans, I sprout organic lentils and put them in two meals a day. Together with the broccoli, and everything in my salad, and my eggs (or egg whites) for breakfast, well...what I'm asking is: "Is this enough protein?"And are my sprouted lentils, the same as beans? I have other sprouts that I eat also (twice a day) and I read that sprouts have lots of protein.

I plan to buy the block of organic tofu and make it stir fried with some veggies. I was just worried about the estrogen that tofu seems to get a bad rap on.

Now about the edamame? I just go to the frozen section and they sell edamame? What the heck do you do with these? I never heard of this. This sounds like it would be a nice source, but again, it's soy right?

Is this the same thing as tofu and do I have to worry about estrogen levels, etc.?

I feel much better eating this way and the really interesting thing (and I don't understand all of this yet), is that WHEN I EAT, MY SUGAR GOES DOWN.

Today my sugar was 109, two hours after eating my grilled chicken and my homemade blueberry muffin (which I made with fresh blueberries).

I was thrilled to be able to have a muffin and see my sugar reading as 109.

This diabetes is very baffling, but hey, I can eat and my sugar goes down.

Never knew this in all my life.

lol
mel
(P.S. Thanks for all the info, much appreciated)

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote