Thread: Tn pain or not?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 05:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Tn pain or not?

Hello. I am new to the forum and wondering if anyone might be able to help (?) My neuro suspects I might have TN and said he could start me on medications, but I am holding off on that. I want to be sure my symptoms are coming from TN and not anything else before starting on any type of meds. It started out with left sided facial numbness about 5 months ago then I started having a "deep ache" in my head on the left side, as well as dull headaches that are starting to last longer, for most of the day. I have had striking jaw pain as well as burning mouth sensation, facial numbness seems to get worse with the "deep ache" at times. I have had normal MRI and CT, blood work only showing B12 deficiency.

I have also experienced numbness in my left fingertips, as well as left foot (which seem to be getting better) with occasional "shocks" of pain into fingers. Has anyone experienced neckache/backache, generalized bodyaches with this? I wouldn't think this would be a symptom of TN, maybe of the B12 deficiency but I have been on B12 shots for quite a while. Any advice anyone could give would be great...................
another1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote