Thread: Tn pain or not?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Tn & ms

Hi. Just found the other day that the Dr. suspects MS. Seem like a cruel joke!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to family dr with ear pain in Sept, He sd no infection & gave Allegra. (Ear & teeth & jaw were killing me-I assumed sinus infection so bad it was affecting ear with pain & hearing loss.) After that, went to see dentist, thought I needed tooth pulled. He did xray-tooth was ok-but there was imflammation, maybe night grinding. Bought a night guard. Still too much pain...Went to ENT who ordered MRI. ENT called to adv no tumor, schedule w/Neurologist right away because of plaquing. No help with teeth, jaw, ear!!! Went finally to see Neuro the other day & he gave the bad news. He thinks MS but never really mentioned this other stuff being related. I can't handle pain anymore & interrupted him & asked what dr I needed to see for these issues. At this point, he prescribed a nerve block, Gabapentin (sp?).
Since then, I came home and have been researching both TN & MS. Not sure if I do, in fact, have MS (though it sure does sound like it, I go Monday for some sort of graph/electrode test & lots of bloodwork, too) BUT I'm sure I have TN and it sounds like others of you do, too. I was hoping to get relief & now it seems like this is just the beginning.......I'm really scared.
ScaredNewbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote