View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 10:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisibleGirl View Post
Hi Copper,
My head injury was in June 07 and I'm on a 'cocktail' of drugs to level out my emotions. Anger has never been an issue for me, but anxiety/fear/stress has. I'd guess that anger, anxiety, stress and/or fear would probably be treated in similar ways.

My neurologist put me on celexa (60 mg), and a very low dose of klonopin (.5 mg) to help with the issues I have. Prior to the head injury my anxiety levels were probably a little higher than most; but after the head injury the anxiety/stress/fear were off the chart until the meds started working.

I'm currently going through a VERY rough situation which would, prior to the head injury, have caused me a great deal of anxiety and fear. I can't say that the celexa and klonopin have completely taken away the anxiety, but I strongly believe that if I weren't on those drugs, I would not be able to handle it.

I'm also on a few couple other drugs which may or may not also contribute to leveling me off (seroquel to help me sleep and cut down on the sleepwalking/talking etc. and ropinirole for uncontrollable jerking). Yeah, my head injury really did a number on me.

Frankly, I'm not sure the celexa alone would have been enough to control the emotional side of my head injury symptoms. I think the combination of celexa and klonopin is what is keeping me calm.

I'm sure your doc warned you that it'll take a few weeks before you'll notice any changes, and it really does take care of things gradually. It's like one day you'll be going about your day and will think to yourself, "hmmmm- it's been a while since I've become angry- when did that happen?"

I hope sincerely this works for you. I really despised/despise not being in control of my emotions so am glad that I have a neurologist that knows what she's doing.

Good luck to you!
Thank you for the reply.

I have only been on the Celexa for a week or so. So far I just feel a little "off" on it.....kind of quiet.
copper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote