View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 07:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cesar is my inspiration!

Hi all, yes I'm a big fan of Cesar Milan. I don't often get to see his shows,especially the new ones,but believe I've seen all of the first season.

I adopted a big mutt last spring. He has alot of "issues". One day I decided to see if I could get him to lay down the way Cesar does it (poke into side of neck & make my "alpha dog sound". It worked! And I actually wanted to cry! Here I was being totally dominant to my 100# dog that I have very little control over! He even rolled over onto his back! No tail wagging! He was down....

I use the sounds Cesar makes to get his attention. He's a grown dog that the vet said to always think of as a 6mo old puppy. He was abused & even attacked while in the shelter. If I ever win the lotto I'll request a session with Cesar!

Keep in mind Cesar isn't training the dogs-he's teaching the owners!

My favorite show was the Bouvier (since I used to have one). Cesar took the dog to a sheep ranch & let him herd the sheep! What fun he had!

Zane, I would distract the dog from the pillows by trading it for a chew toy. If they have something "theirs" much less apt to takeover what is "yours".
Buttons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote