Thread: Tn pain or not?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 01:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi ScaredNewbie,

My name is Loretta Jewell, I'm not sure how I ended up here on this site. I am a member of NeuroTalk, but always go to the RSD ' Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy' I also have TN
It's a super good idea to do lots of research. And reading as much as you can on the TN site and the MS site. It is scarry to be diagnosed with either of these, let alone both. I go to support group meetings for RSD. If you live in a larger town, there probably is a MS group or chronic pain group. To talk to others in person, is so supportive. More testing is very good thing- to either confirm or rule out MS.

Please let us know what you find out, and how you are. We really care here. Sometimes, it's comforting and helpful to even go to other threads, like RSD to learn coping skills and just get encouragment. There is no cure for RSD, it is one of the most painful disorders-very high on the McGill Pain Index It is often misdiagnosed. It took me 4 years to get it diagnosed. A very large percentage of Drs. have never heard of RSD let alone know what it is. Diagnosis and treatment is extremely important in the first few months after injury or surgery to get a remission. Children get RSD. Blocks and gabapetin are usually prescribed along with depression meds, high blood pressure meds, anti-seizure meds , sleeping pills,
anti-anxiety meds.

I have full body RSD now 12 years. I've learned to cope, be grateful for things I can do, not what I can't do anymore. I use music, scented candles, flowers, funny movies, looking at picture albums, family trips, etc. Like grieving, loss of one's health over time, takes time to adjust and accept. I needed professional help, and thankfully I found a neurologist, psychiatrist and pharmacologist all in one DR.

I know you are really scared. I would give you my e-mail, but it's down right now. If you were a member, you could private message me. I 'm on the RSD thread a lot, and sometimes the TN site. Take care, and please know you are thought of by everyone that reads your message. Those on here are really a compassionate caring group. Loretta Jewell
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (11-29-2008)