View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 08:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Phantom smells ...

Yeah, BMW I just don't fly anymore - my husband travels constantly for his work, and we have gobs of airmiles, but I won't use them. Actually, I always hated to fly anyway, but with the ear pain it is out of the question. I fear that one day I will have to fly due to emergency and it will realy be bad.

Hey DM, I'm glad you mentioned the taste/smell changes. I have started to post this before, but just haven't. The only time I experience this is after I have taken the tegretol. Since I only take it when I have an episode, I probably just haven't adjusted to it and it is a side effect of the drug. But, the really weird part is that it makes me smell "marijuana smoke". I know that's crazy, but I swear that is what it smells like. I will just be walking down the hall at work, home, etc. and all of sudden I just get a whiff of it. And believe me this is not something that has been embedded in my brain longing for my younger years - I was a good kid and was afraid to smoke the stuff, but I was around a lot of friends that were, so I do recall the smell. This usually lasts for about 24 hours after taking the tegretol.

Then one time, I could swear my husband was baking cookies - it smelled just like fresh baked cookies - much better than the pot.

Peace and less pain to all......

Rhonda
Bassetcase is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote