View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Concerned I have MG / seek opinions

Hi all. Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the festive season.

I have been to a few other health boards as I have an ongoing health problem that more than a few people have suggested is MG. I'd really like to know your thought and opinions. Whether you share any of these symptoms? Does it sound like MG. I have been referred to a neurologist but havent heard anything back yet and suspect it may be a few months.

Background
Im a 35 year old male of medium build and height. In september I have an acoustic neuroma removed (brain tumour). I have spoken to my neurosurgeon and he has said that there is absolutely no way my symptoms are related to the surgery.

Onset
For two weeks after my surgery I was very ok. Then I developed foggy feeling in my head and had eye pain and a conjunctivitis like thing going on. The 'infection' went, came back, and has now gone again. I'm left with the dizzy/foggy feeling. Its like every time I move my head everything follows a fraction of a second later.

I have the following symptoms:
Generalised muscle weakness that has come on over several weeks.

Muscle burning whenever I tried and do repeated actions such as flexing my foot up and down. Even typing at the speed I am used to makes my fingers and forearm muscles ache.

Stiff fingers.

If I wake up in the night I especially feel weak, tingly, sort of pins and needles in my hands. Find it hard to even open my eyes.

My achilles tendons are espcially stiff if I stay sat for any length of time and one of my calfs is very stiff too.

I have generalised twitching (fasciculations). I know this is a symptoms of ALS but the people I have spoken to say its not that (come on too fast and fasciculations normally start in one place).

My muscles are tender if I push my fingers into them.

My breathing feels hard the more I do stuff. Not like I'm short of breath. Sort of like I cant breath deep.

I dont feel tired, I just feel like my strength has gone. I feel much better after I've had a long rest. I feel almost normal in the mornings.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for taking the time to read and reply. Ian x
spelbound is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote