View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 01:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Back spasms

Hi Nigel, Thanks for your reply. I am happy to say that my husbands back spasms have stopped. In addition to the 6.7cm cyst pushing on nerves in the sacral spione he now believes the spasms were casued by the way he was laying in bed on his abdomen all the time because of the back pain. He was laying with his arms above the shoulders and when he would walk or stand with arms at side the spasms would start. He is also now taking a new medication called Lyrica CV which is for Fibromyalgia mainly but was prescribed to help with the muscle spasms and pain. He is taking it three times a day along with two other pain pills and a muscle relaxant. He is still having so much sacral pain from the cyst that he can no longer work. He mostly lays down all day or briefly sits in a chair for his meals. He has has two MRI's, a bone scan, a Cat scan and just last week a myelogram. All have confirmed it is a tarlov cyst causing the pain in sacrum. We are still looiking for a doctor to do the surgery to remove the tarlov cyst. We live in Miami and have found one doctor but he has only performed one tarlov surgery and that was twenty years ago. We have three calls to other doctors, Dr. Long, Dr. Henderson and Dr. Feigenbaum hoping to hear soon. Good luck with your condition and keep me posted.

Betty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Reynolds View Post
Hi I am really new, emailing from London, England
I have suffered for years with back spams ( I am 57)
But in my 30's they came every 6 months. Now they are two a month. They bend me over like a Marx brother. I have just been diagnosed with a tarlov. Your husband's spams appear to confirm my suspicion that the cyst has caused the spasm. i can cope with the pain - its the lack of mobility which is restricting my activities. The spasms last a week and walking in the first few days is awkward and painful as well as looking comical.
When all tests are done I will let you know what my doctor plans to do to deal with the spasms.....if anything.
regards
concernedwife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote