View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wannabe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Harry,

What trial did you wife take part in that was pulled and damaged people's hearts? Not sure if I heard of that one.
The drug was called TNF...tumour necrosis factor..( I think it was given some kind of number at the time) and was trialled in 5 other MS centers across Canada back in the mid 90's.

It got amazing results with the poor mouse...stopped and reversed the disease. Marg was the first patient to start the trial here at the MS Clinic in London, Canada. I don't even know who the drug company was that sponsored the trial....back then I wasn't really into all the nitty, gritty details like I am today.

The trial lasted just under a year and was stopped when a male patient at the Calgary MS Clinic died from heart complications. Each patient got an MRI every month and was followed closely. That was the first MRI that Marg ever got and the lesions they saw were old and non-active. Yet her MS at the time was slowly getting worse. The trial was stopped immediately and I never heard anything about the drug again.

Harry
Harry Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote