View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

The MS Society helped me, here in Canada, and it's a good thing because there were so many things that I didn't even think about until they questioned me. In fact, some of the "issues" they brought up seemed "silly" to me, but I went with their advice and was approved immediately on both LTD (private) and CPP (government).

They want to know EVERYTHING, but especially what precludes us from working. For me it was mainly fatigue and unpredictability/unreliability due to relapses. At that point I was having a relapse every three months, and they usually lasted 3 - 4 weeks, so what employer would accommodate that?

They wanted to know precisely what a relapse 'looked' like too.

The other thing was that they wanted to know that I couldn't do ANY job (not just in my chosen career), and not even a part-time one. My employer had accommodated me, by allowing me to work from home for two years, and I was still unable to squeeze in 7 hrs of work per day. That worked in my favor because I had clearly been TRYING to stay in the workforce.

Detail, consistency in answers, and doctor records. That's what they want.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
BaxterTheBunny (12-05-2008), JoeMac (11-29-2008)