View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 12:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default gdnf

hi all,

i have been too wrapped up in my research on levodopa... and also seem to have been circulating in a world where people either really don't believe big pharma is capable of being naughty in a large scale, intentional sort of way (i.e., putting the bottom line before all else, including ethics, decency, and all that is right) or people who just pretend to believe same because it is in their best interest (obviously, they don't have pd) to cozy up to industry....

anyway, my point is that i have completely missed the pd perspective, i mean the down and dirty, gritty, in the trenches, have-asked-all-the-questions-it-has been-possible-to-ask-of-all-the-players-that-would-talk-to-you perspective on what really happened with gdnf.

i get the impression that it might come to rest on the idea that the kibosh (sp?) could have been put on gdnf because it actually worked - is that right? i am sure that this whole ordeal is as complex as the day is long, but if someone could give me a summary of what has gone on since the trial stopped - i am particularly interested in any conversations with amgen, researchers and any other organizations or entities that may have been involved - that would be great - or just refer me somewhere if any of it is posted anywhere, maybe?

thanks,
Boann
boann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote