View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
Erin, I learned a long long time ago that money cannot be returned and is loved by all. Get her a gift card and if she complains tell her why you bought it.
You raise a good point, Sandy.

I have a sister who HATES getting gifts and is always miserable when she gets one. Her b/f used to buy her flowers, and she'd get mad because they were "cut one's and will just die". If he bought her diamond earings, they were "a waste of money when the cheap one's look just as nice".

She scoffs whenever a friend tries to buy something original, and says "what a weird present, etc.". If you give her money or a gift certificate, she says "that didn't take much thought", and if you take her shopping to let her pick, she says "now I have no surprises".

There is NO winning with her!!

The ONLY thing that works is if she picks things throughout the year, and you PAY ATTENTION to what she says. That's the only way you can get something she likes, AND it will be a surprise. Of course she has very expensive tastes too . . . so I could never afford what she wanted anyway. That seems to work for her husband though.

I just stopped buying for her.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (11-30-2008)