View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 01:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I also have Sjogren's Syndrome

I was diagnosed a few months ago. I to have Sjogren’s Syndrome. I accidently found this web site and I’m in hopes to find someone that can help me make sense of all of this. I just finished reading beenthere’s story and I can honestly say not only been there but I’m still there. I never discuss my situation with anyone, I feel like they all think that I’m crazy. I’m so tired all the time I have become very angry. I have had people tell me that it’s all in my head and that doctors are just telling me that I have Sjogren’s so that I will shut up. They claim that it is not a real disease. I would have attacks off and on (about every three months) they would last about a week and a half. They passed me from doctor to doctor and my tests all came back fine. I checked into the ER on three different occasions and finally after my husband stood there yelling that something was wrong they began to run more tests. I have not even had a cold in 20 years. They finally found that my inflammation levels in my body were extremely high. All that I could tell them was “ I hurt” first I would say its over here (maybe point to my right side) then I would say it was over here (point to my left side) I had no idea that it was inflammation and really could not explain well enough to the doctor for them to understand. The last episode lasted for approximately two and a half months, Only my family members knew, I would continue to try and make it all day at work, I also have bouts of Brain Fog, Short term memory loss, nausea, extreme pain, lower back and sciatic nerve problems. I am now seeing a Rheumatologist and he has put me on Plaquinil and prednisone. They say it will be a few months before I notice a difference with the Plaquinil. Is anyone taking Plaquinil or know anything about it. I’m not sick at the moment but I find myself unable to work the way I’m use to. Absolutely no energy and if I do get a little energy and try to even clean my house the way I use to I usually end up paying for it for a few days. Is there anyone out there that can give me some insight on Sjogren’s?
Barb249 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote