View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 05:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default For Kris

Hello...how lovely to meet with you again,albeit via text. Ah.....bugger. Well shamefully, it is my favourite expletive for enforcing a point.I guess I should apologise for my language but hey....it is my one perk from having to deal with this disease.Although Christian...[ahem] I advocate that each and everyone of us has a good,solid swear word that can be called upon to vent with.Whoops...that`s my street credibility down the pan I think.lol

Whingeing; same as whining.Needless to say I hope these aren`t permanent tags for me. I rarely whinge but it just seems to fit nicely with whining so....

I am indeed in a much better place.Thank you for noticing.And you,may I add were a wonderful support to me thus partly responsible for my healing.You know Kris,tthat was the biggest shock to me,when I hit the deck,as up until then I had coped so very well,always bright and breezy then Wallop.And it truly was a dark dark period of my life where every single facet was affected.
It hit me like a brick...mainly clinical depression I guess which may have fuelled other areas to bomb .
The curative factors...Many many many;
Antidepressants...not the main saviour I hasten to add,but helped stabilise me.
Counselling; a lovely lovely woman who just allowed me to spill.
My wonderful family; not least my husband who made a concerted effort to understand what was going on.He made the choice to work alongside me...so very very difficult for our carers I think.
The brain talk community; whose constant support,love and understanding without judgement,allowed me to vent,question,weep,and all the rest.
How very precious this support network is.
And lastly,but not least,my faith which sustained me through the darkest hours...
My God..this is reading like an oscar speech...YIKES. sorry.

But there you have it. And I guess my quirky sense of humour which was well flattened but nevertheless still there.

just so good to know I have come through it and able to say to others...there`s a light at the end of the tunnel.

Frankenstein-balaclava-pain. I say very little about pain as like so many here,it is with me always...in varyin g degrees and managed by painkillers which I take every day.Knocks the edge off but it is lkike a clock ticking.It`s there but you learn to live with it.The worst pain I get is first thing in a morning and last thing at night when my left foot contorts and my toes try their damndest to reach my knees.Horrible,extremely agonising and I just have to wait for it to stop.Do they call that dystonia.Oh there are so many words to remember..lol

So...lovely to talk to you...hope you are doing ok.
Steffi
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote