View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 05:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Trophy

Get well wishes for you. You're a trooper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyH View Post
Hi
I'm glad you've found this forum to help you get more information about surgery. I've been visiting it for a while post-op and there is so much support - and more information here, especially if you search the forum. Only wish I'd found it earlier.
I was in your situation just over three months ago - and had my first rib resection. Everyone's experience is different but for me I feel like I'm getting my life back again. Post-op is tough and you will need support, especially for the first month, and really good physiotherapy - but I'm already leading a more normal life, able to swim, type and even back at work. I still have pain and get tired but I'm improving all the time.
Thoracic outlet syndrome is such a mix of symptoms and signs, but if you're compressing the artery like I was, then I suspect most doctors will recommend surgery because of potential complications. It's really important you trust whoever you see and that they know what they're doing - I'm based in the UK but I know there are links to good drs in the US from this forum.
Take care - and if you've got any other questions, I'd be happy to share my experiences
Jenny
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote