View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 05:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default For English Country Dancer...

Sorry...your post must have come in whilst I was replying to Kris,so I truly didn`t mean to ignore you.I find that I get by and deal with Parkinsons by seeing the funny side of things.Having said that I DO have my Pity parties which are few and far between I hasten to add.I am always aware that not everyone is in the same place as me and may see this as flippant,but it is not intended that way and I appreciate that there are those who,quite rightly,don`t feel like laughing it off.Believe me,I could "kick the cat off the heharth" on days when I am desparate to accomplish a task but where my body won`t allow it.The frustration does build but it`s all about coping strategies isn`t it.My humour most importantly,serves the purpose of making other folk comfortable around me when they meet me.It is so difficult I think for others to understand and deal with this strange condition,therefore when I draw fun at myself I see them sigh with relief and smile.And that pleases me.

Pasties!!! Great!!! What fun language is,and so interesting to compare to other countries.In the states I remember saying Cheerio to someone and they looked at me clueless...until I realised it was a breakfast cereal over there[before it hit England] No wonder...it would be like us saying goodbye to someone but saying "Weetabix...or Shreddies" na na na na na
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote