View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 08:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smirk re: Vascular Aspect

I haven't had an ultrasound, but an angiogram is supposedly one step up as it uses special xray technology and contrast dye to watch the flow of blood in real time. You could actually see the dye flowing through the blood vessels (well to a certain point, of course, where it just STOPPED - where it shouldn't). Doc said that usually at least some blood gets through, but, in my case, none could - at least on the left. Right side was better, but I'm not sure how much better. Will hopefully find out today.

Already got a few names of good doctors near me. Will see who my doc refers me to today and go from there.

Everyone here has been awesome.

HERE's TO A SPEEDY RECOVERY FOR ALL OF US !!!

Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbrn View Post
Hi and welcome to our little sanctuary!

I had vascular...and neurogenic tos. I had to have surgery due to the compression of the subclavian blood vessels. You are at large risk of stroke if you are using the arm and you kinda have to I'm assuming!! Vascular tos is not something to wait on and I would certainly agree to a second opinion. However in saying that if your vascular surgeon won't do it he is a good doc. He knows his limits and won't do what he isn't comfortable doing. That is a really good thing.

Hopefully some of the other tosers will let you know who to see for surgeon's names and where to go to for help.

Have you had an ultrasound of your brachial plexus? This would be your first indication of a vascular problem. If you have vascular involvement it willl most certainly show up on the ultrasound.

i hope you hear from some of the Cali gals soon!! They will definatly guide you in the right direction doctor wise!!

take care and again welcome,
hugs,
Victoria
o2bponca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote